- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Debate is parliament's soul: Modi
Debate and discussion is parliament\'s soul, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday ahead of the winter session that is likely to see his government fend charges of growing intolerance while pushing for the passage of key bills.
Debate and discussion is parliament's soul, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday ahead of the winter session that is likely to see his government fend charges of growing intolerance while pushing for the passage of key bills.
"I am hopeful that the ideas, discussions and thinking will create new innovative ideas to make the nation better," Modi told reporters outside parliament.
"Debate and discussion is the soul of parliament," he said.
He said he was "confident that we all members of parliament will leave no stone un-turned to meet the people's expectations".
He also said the constitution was a ray of hope. "When I say hope, I mean H for harmony, O for opportunity, P for people's participation and E for equality," he said.
The winter session will end on December 23.
Several economic reform bills are on the government's agenda, with the bill to implement Goods and Services Tax (GST) being a priority.