- Kurnool: Officials told to address drinking water woes
- DPI-led GDP to reach $8-trn level by 2030
- FM for weeding out illegal loan apps
- Tirupati: Pulse polio programme to be held on March 3
- Gambhir-Tiwary Clash: Untold Details of Explosive KKR Dressing Room Conflict
- Shanmukh Jaswanth arrest: Police takes the youtube sensation into custody in drugs case
- Guntur: Anil predicts fall of TDP after polls
- After like Mahesh Babu, Allu Arjun, and Vijay Deverakonda; another star hero to venture into the ownership of multiplexes
- Sundeep Kishan to pair up with block-buster director for his next
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Series to Receive AI Features in Late March
Gujarat Model a dismal failure: Gogoi
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday said that the trouncing the BJP received at the civil polls in Gujarat is a clear indication that the much-hyped Gujarat Model of Development is a dismal failure.
Guwahati : Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday said that the trouncing the BJP received at the civil polls in Gujarat is a clear indication that the much-hyped Gujarat Model of Development is a dismal failure.
In a statement Gogoi said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s much-touted Gujarat Model of Development has been a dismal failure as people in the rural areas have outrightly rejected it in the just-concluded panchayat elections.
“There is disenchantment everywhere with people rejecting the BJP one after the other. Delhi, Uttarakhand, Bihar and now Gujarat panchayat election have proved that the people have become alienated from the BJP and are fed up with its promises during just one and a half years of its rule at the Centre,” Gogoi said, adding that Prime Minister Narendra Modi instead of letting people know his mann (thoughts), must listen to people’s Mann Ki Baat.
Gogoi said that the Gujarat Model has thoroughly exposed the fact that the model is meant for the rich, not for the poor.
“80 per cent of the populace of our country lives in the rural areas. The people living in rural areas of Gujarat have made the BJP to bite the dust in the panchayat election as they have realised that the BJP Government is for the rich and affluent and not for the poor,” the Assam CM said.
Gogoi further said that the Modi-led Government is pro-rich and pro-corporate centric leaving the poor in the lurch.
“The BJP-led Government talks of inclusive development, but how can it be inclusive if poor people are left out of the scheme of things,” Gogoi said, adding that his Government unlike the BJP focuses on smart villages and not smart cities.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)