- Dil Raju’s nephew Ashish embarks on a supernatural love story with ‘Love Me – If You Dare’
- UNICEF India, Ayushmann Khurrana celebrate Radio Excellence for child rights
- Uttar Pradesh govt set to boost IT sector
- End-user spending on security, risk management to reach $2.9 bn in India
- GD Goenka University and Le Cordon Bleu gear up to redefine hospitality education in India
- SC orders TN District Collectors to respond to ED summons
- Shadowfax secures $100 mn in Series E funding led by TPG NewQuest
- Water shortage looms as Kabini reservoir levels plummet
- Congress MLA voices concerns over developmental works
- Delhi HC orders inclusion of Delhi Chess Association representatives in AICF voter list
BJP creating law & order problem for President’s Rule in Assam: Tarun Gogoi
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday alleged that, BJP is trying to create law & order situation in Assam at any cost and wants to impose President’s Rule in the state.
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday alleged that, BJP is trying to create law & order situation in Assam at any cost and wants to impose President’s Rule in the state.
Referring the BJP’s “Dispur Gherao” protest Gogoi said at a press conference held in Guwahati that it was aimed to create law & order situation so that President’s Rule could be imposed in the state.
“BJP’s protest was just to cover up Modi government failure in fulfilling the promises. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had promised to solve several burning issues of Assam, but he could not fulfill it so far,” Gogoi said.
The Assam CM also alleged that, BJP is trying to foment communal clashes in Assam and we have got intelligence report in this.
“Some BJP leaders have encouraged extremists including both insurgents and jihadis. Some recent incidents have instigated that the party is trying to foment communal clashes in the state,” Gogoi said.
“There is no match in their words and deeds. The central government has failed to its promises such as bringing black money, controlling inflation, deporting illegal immigrants, job creation etc, but they are totally failed to fulfill it,” Gogoi said.
The Assam CM also said that, some elements like RSS, Bajrang Dal, Hindu Sena were working under the guidance of a senior BJP leader to create law & order problem here at any cost.
On Wednesday, several BJP leaders including a member of parliament Ramen Deka were injured after police had resorted baton charge, lobbed tear gas, spread water connon upon protesters to control the violent situation.
On other hand, Union minister and newly appointed president of BJP’s Assam unit Sarbananda Sonowal said that, Tarun Gogoi led congress government is totally failed to control the law & order in the state.
“The state government had not do anything in development, job creation, flood control, erosion control in the state in past 15 years. People’s anger has gradually increased against the government and it will be seen in 2016,” Sonowal said.
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)