- By-poll in TN's Vilavancode to be announced on EC's guidelines: Official
- Gaza death toll rises to 30,320: Palestinian Health ministry
- Indian Government Confronts Google After Indian Apps Removed from Play Store
- Shilpa Reddy announces the launch of her Nonprofit organisation Raising Shakthi Foundation
- Navy to enhance its operational capability with INS Jatayu base
- Not against minorities, Cong govt adopting delay tactics: K'taka BJP
- Chief Selector Ajit Agarkar was furious with Shreyas Iyer for being at KKR Academy, claims report
- LS polls: Assam govt requests EC to schedule voting before Bihu
- Elevate your style with Tiger Shroff's wardrobe essentials
- Almonds proven to reduce muscle soreness and improve performance: Study
Congress eyes Bihar-like grand alliance in Assam
After Bihar Congress now eyes to form Bihar-like grand alliance in Assam.
Guwahati : After Bihar Congress now eyes to form Bihar-like grand alliance in Assam.
Congress held several meetings with All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) and Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) in recent time.
On Sunday Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi hinted that, we are ready to make grand alliance ahead of the Assembly poll to be held in the state next year.
“There have not taken any decision to form Bihar-like grand alliance so far,” Gogoi said.
On other hand AIUDF chief and Member of Parliament Badaruddin Ajmal said that if Congress want there are no problem from us.
Recently, Ajmal had met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and top Congress leaders in Delhi and discussed in BJP against agenda.
The AIUDF chief also met Assam CM Tarun Gogoi at his official residence in Guwahati last month.
On other hand, former Chief Minister of Assam and AGP leader Prafulla Kumar Mahanta also met Nitish Kumar and Ram Jethmalani in Delhi last week.
Political strategist Prashant Kishore had recently visited to Assam and held several meetings with Assam CM, top leaders of AIUDF, AGP.
A top source of Congress said that, Bihar-like grand alliance against the BJP may be finalized in this year.
After Bihar debacle BJP has made a new strategy looking for the assembly poll in the state.
The saffron party eyes to form a pre-poll alliance or understanding with the tribal groups of Assam including Hagrama Mahilary led Bodoland People’s Front (BPF).
(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)