- CM Revanth holds meeting with Japan company over expansion of metros in city
- KCR, KTR and Harish Rao expresses grief over Lasya Nandita’s death
- Telangana govt to implement ‘Griha Jyoti’ from Feb 27th!!!
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod Express to include stop at Mangaluru
- BBMP property tax amendment bill passed in Council
- Mysuru civic workers demand improvement in breakfast quality
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi Passes Away
- Chinese boat in Indian waters
- LAccMI bus service covers all 30 dists
- President on 4-day visit to Odisha from Feb 28
Tamil Nadu pays homage to 2004 tsunami victims
People living in Tamil Nadu\'s coastal districts affected by 2004 tsunami on Saturday paid homage to the thousands who were swallowed by the giant waves on this day.
People living in Tamil Nadu's coastal districts affected by 2004 tsunami on Saturday paid homage to the thousands who were swallowed by the giant waves on this day.
Eleven years ago, life had turned upside down for thousands of families living in the coastal areas like Nagapattinam, Chennai, Cuddalore, Velankanni, Poompuhar in the state. Over 8,000 people lost their lives in Tamil Nadu to the giant waves in 2004.
Silent rallies were held in the tsunami affected areas to observe the day, with people offering milk and flowers at the sea for the dead.
As a mark of respect to the departed souls, fishermen stayed away from the sea on Saturday.