ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan student who wanted exams postponed killed Pradhuman: CBI

Ryan student who wanted exams postponed killed Pradhuman: CBI
Highlights

A 16-year-old student of Ryan International School in Gurugram who wanted exams and a scheduled meeting between teachers and parents delayed is the...

New Delhi: A 16-year-old student of Ryan International School in Gurugram who wanted exams and a scheduled meeting between teachers and parents delayed is the prime accused in the murder of Class 2 student Pradhuman Thakur, the CBI said on Wednesday.

CBI spokesperson Abhishek Dayal said the Class 11 student was detained on Tuesday night after "inspection of the crime spot, scrutiny of CCTV footage, call records, statements and questioning of several people" revealed that he had carried a knife inside the school campus on the day of the crime and used it to kill his junior school mate.

"The weapon used in the commission of crime is a knife which was recovered initially by police in Gurugram (Haryana). It is now with us," Dayal told reporters here.

He said the detained student was weak in studies and "wanted to have examination and parent-teacher meeting postponed". Pradhuman, 7, was his random target.

The parents of the detained student were kept informed throughout the investigation, said the spokesperson for the Central Bureau of Investigation.

The CBI took over the case on September 22 from Haryana Police, nearly two weeks after the Class 2 boy was found with his throat slit in a school bathroom.

The accused will now be produced before the Juvenile Justice Board, where the court is expected to decide whether he is to be treated as a major or a minor as per the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015.

The Haryana Police had earlier claimed that Pradhuman was killed by school bus conductor Ashok Kumar inside the toilet as the boy resisted a bid to sodomise him.

While Ashok Kumar was arrested, Pradhuman's parents and two other staffers have claimed that he was being made a scapegoat.

Hyderabad City Police Commissioner has issued a notice imposing a ban on those begging for alms in order to put an end to the inconvenience caused to the public and vehicular traffic at the main road junctions.

This will be seen in effect starting at 6 a.m. today and will continue for two months i.e. up to January 1, 2018.

Hyderabad City Police Commissioner M Mahendar Reddy issued an official notice after taking into consideration the hardships faced during the vehicular movement and for the pedestrians due to the activities of begging.

As quoted by ANI, the notice read, "It has come to my notice through the public that many beggars are begging alms in an indecent manner. They are also employing children and handicapped persons to solicit or receive alms at the main junctions of the road. Such acts are causing annoyance and awkwardness by exposing in an indecent manner to divert the attention of the vehicular traffic as well as pedestrians and public, in general, to induce them to give alms. These acts are dangerous to the safety of the vehicular traffic and public in general.”

The notice added, "In excise of the powers conferred upon me under Section 144 of criminal procedure code 1973, I, M.Mahendar Reddy, Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad City, do hereby make this exparte written order and notify the same to the general public prohibiting begging alms and also employing children and handicapped in begging alms in public places and at the main road junctions in the city of Hyderabad.”

Also, according to the notice, the violators would be punished under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and as per the provisions of Hyderabad city police Act, 1348 Fasli, TS preventions of Begging Act, 1977 and J.J. Act 2000.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top