- NTR centenary celebrations held grandly under the direction of VB Entertainments
- Oscar Isaac wants Pedro to join ‘Spider-Verse’ as a ‘cranky, old Spider-Person’
- Prashanth Neel Biography: Personal life to present projects
- ‘Spider-Man’ actor praises SS Rajamouli’s magnum opus ‘RRR’
- Dua Lipa slams UK Government's 'small-minded' language towards Albanians
- Vicky and Sara’s Zara Hatke Zara Bachke gives relief to Bollywood after Pathaan
- YS Jagan announces ex-gratia of Rs. 10 lakh to kin of Gurumurthy died in Odisha train accident
- Visakhapatnam: 11 AP passengers yet to be traced
- SP Balasubrahmanyam biography: Birth to death- His journey is an inspiration to many
- Mehbooba Mufti Received A Passport Qfter Three Years
Unable to pay loans, 40-yr-old Bengal man hangs self after strangulating wife
Unable to bear the burden of mounting loan, a 40yearold man allegedly strangulated his wife to death and killed self at Kalyani in Nadia district on Thursday, the police said
Bapi Chakraborty was found hanging in a room, while the body of his wife Jhuma was lying on the bed which was bolted from inside.
Kalyani (West Bengal): Unable to bear the burden of mounting loan, a 40-year-old man allegedly strangulated his wife to death and killed self at Kalyani in Nadia district on Thursday, the police said.
Bapi Chakraborty was found hanging in a room, while the body of his wife Jhuma, 32, was lying on the bed in the same room which was bolted from inside.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem examination. The couple used to fight frequently over repayment of the loans and they quarrelled last night also, police said.
Bapi, who used to do odd jobs, rang up his sister living in another town of the same district, at around 2 am and informed her that he had strangulated his wife and was now going to kill himself.
The couple's two teenaged sons, Biplab and Biswajit, were in another room.
The horrified woman called up Bapi's sons and told them about their father's phone call.
Biswajit said, "We rushed to the room and knocked on the door. We heard some sound inside the room. It appears father hanged himself after our knocks."
They began to cry and their wails brought the neighbours to the house, the police said adding that the neighbours broke open the door and found Bapi and Jhuma dead.
Local councillor Jharna Roy said Bapi and his wife had taken loans to the tune of a few lakhs from various sources including cooperative banks.