- A Focus on Multicultural Wedding Photography
- Wellness Wonders: Goa’s Transformation into a Fitness Mecca
- 20 CC cameras sanctioned for Nandikotkur sub-jail
- Gear up to win all Assembly seats in Tirupati dist: Vijayasai
- JAS, brainchild of CM, says Dy CM Amzath Basha
- Empathy in Ancient Texts: A Timeless Lesson
- Tirupati: Aarogya Suraksha camps towards health for all begin
- Vijayawada: Underground tunnel fish exhibition inaugurated
- An Indian YA fantasy filled with friendship, magic, romance and mystery
- Vijayawada: VMC Commissioner inspects Info Park works
Central Railway earns Rs. 59.36 cr from ticketless travelers
The Central Railway has registered record earnings of Rs 5936 crore from ticketless and irregular travellers for the period April to June
New Delhi : The Central Railway has registered record earnings of Rs. 59.36 crore from ticketless and irregular travellers for the period April to June.
"In June, a total of 3.26 lakh cases of ticketless or irregular travel and unbooked luggage were detected as against 2.58 lakh cases in the corresponding month of last year i.e. June 2017, showing an increase of 26.52 percent," the railway ministry said in a statement here.
The earnings realised from such ticketless or irregular travel registered Rs. 17.20 crore during June 2018, showing an increase of 34.62 percent as compared to earnings of Rs.12.78 crore registered during the corresponding month of last year i.e. June 2017.
Currently, the Central Railway has detected in all 10.85 lakh cases of ticketless or irregular travel and unbooked luggage during the period April to June this year.
The earnings realized during the period from April to June this year travel registered Rs.59.36 crore as against Rs.54.00 crore registered during the corresponding period of last year showing an increase of 9.91 percent in earnings.
In addition during the month of June 2018, 391 cases of transfer of reserved journey tickets were detected and Rs. 4.00 lakh recovered as penalty.