- Enriching her literary experiences
- Suryapet: Conspiracy to delay Yadadri power plant, alleges Guntakandla Jagadish Reddy
- Khammam: KTR lays foundation stone for palm oil factory
- Kishan slams KCR for skipping PM’s programmes
- Hyderabad: Mahesh Bhagwat gives away Grand Ganesha Awards-2023
- Now, Khammam district a testament to progress says K T Rama Rao
- Harish condemns Chandrababu’s arrest
- Hyderabad sees remarkable growth in green office spaces
- We have ongoing problem with Canada: Jaishankar
- Umang 2.0: This expo has everything from papad to diamonds
Panda pleads Sumitra Mahajan to accept resignation
Odisha MP Baijayant Jay Panda met Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan on Tuesday and urged her to accept his resignation
New Delhi : Odisha MP Baijayant Jay Panda met Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan on Tuesday and urged her to accept his resignation.
" As Parliament's monsoon session begins, I say adieu, after 18 years, 3 months, 2 weeks and 1 day. Met Hon' Speaker yesterday and said I cannot represent my former party anymore, it has strayed too far from its original principles. And so, requested her to accept my resignation from Lok Sabha," Panda tweeted.
The MP of Kendrapara had on June 12 resigned as a member of the Lok Sabha.
Earlier in January, the 54-year-old parliamentarian was suspended from the Biju Janata Dal for 'anti-party activities' and on May 28 he had resigned from the party.
He was associated with the political party for more than 18 years.