- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Political strategist Prashant Kishor joins JD-U
Election strategist Prashant Kishor on Sunday formally joined the Janata DalUnited JDU in the presence of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ahead of the partys state executive meeting here
Patna: Election strategist Prashant Kishor on Sunday formally joined the Janata Dal-United (JD-U) in the presence of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar ahead of the party's state executive meeting here.
JD-U spokesperson Sanjay Singh confirmed Kishor's joining.
"Now Prashant Kishor is a JD-U leader," Singh said.
Shortly after the announcement, Kishor tweeted: "Excited to start my new journey from Bihar!"
The 41-year-old former UN official, who founded the Indian Political Action Committee (I-Pac), was tasked with running the JD-U's campaign during the 2015 Bihar polls after he parted ways with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
After the success of the Grand Alliance, Nitish Kumar naming Kishor as his advisor for planning and programme implementation. He was accorded the status which was equivalent to a state Cabinet Minister.
Last week, Kishor hinted at his political debut while addressing an event at the Indian School of Business (ISB) in Hyderabad.
Kishor had formulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi' election strategy in the 2014 elections.