Jaideep Govind NHRC’s new secretary-general
Senior bureaucrat Jaideep Govind was on Friday appointed secretarygeneral, National Human Rights Commission, according to an order issued by Personnel Ministry
New Delhi: Senior bureaucrat Jaideep Govind was on Friday appointed secretary-general, National Human Rights Commission, according to an order issued by Personnel Ministry.
Govind, a 1984 batch IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, is at present Special Secretary and Financial Adviser in Ministry of Rural Development. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved his appointment as the Secretary General, NHRC, the order said.
In another order, the Personnel Ministry said that P N Sukul will be Secretary, National Commission for Minorities (NCM). The ACC has approved appointment of Sukul as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) in the NCM with immediate effect, the order said.
He will take over as the Secretary, NCM on superannuation of J Rama Krishna Rao on February 28, it said.
- Ola cabs banned in Bengaluru for 6 months for licence violation
- Voters most happy with Telangana, HP, Odisha CMs: IANS-CVOTER Tracker poll
- Uttarakhand: Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah, Tirath Singh Rawat file nominations
- France working with EU for listing of Masood Azhar as a global terrorist: MEA
- 12-year-old tiger killed, eaten by another in Madhya Pradesh's Kanha Tiger Reserve