- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar thanks PM Modi for MSP on crops
- French Open: Defending champ Swiatek ousts Gauff to book semifinal spot
- Meta Verified badge arrives to India, starts from Rs 699
- 20 bogies of goods train derail in Assam; no casualty
- Karnataka High Court dismisses gynaecologist's plea to quash FIR
- Worm genetics reveals key pathways for sleep regulation: Study
- Cancel interim protection to Sameer Wankhede: CBI to Bombay High Court
- India, US discuss high-tech joint production ahead of PM Modi's visit
Rauf received gifts in kind :?Cops
Telephonic conversations between Pakistani umpire Asad Rauf, Vindoo Dara Singh and a bookie clearly indicate the umpire's involvement in spot-fixing...
Telephonic conversations between Pakistani umpire Asad Rauf, Vindoo Dara Singh and a bookie clearly indicate the umpire's involvement in spot-fixing in the IPL.
A leading newspaper quoted police sources as saying that Vindoo helped Rauf in getting costly gifts from bookies. They even came up with separate telephonic conversations between Rauf and Vindoo and bookie Pawan Jaipur where Rauf was reminding Vindoo that his birthday was coming up. Replying to this Vindoo was heard assuring Rauf that he would take care of it.
Vindoo later called up bookie Pawan Jaipur, who confirmed that he would send a watch worth Rs 6 lakh and a gold chain for Asad through Prem Taneja (another bookie) in Delhi.