- Hyderabad: 3-day G20 HWG meet in city from today
- KCR to visit Nirmal today
- Hyderabad: Leaders express shock over Odisha train mishap
- Shivamogga: Education Minister says textbook revisions will be made
- Telangana celebrates Farmers Day
- District in-charge ministers list is out for entire State
- MLC Kavitha releases London Bonalu poster
- BDS students from AP in a dilemma: Students urge govt to hold practical exams in Telangana
- How to eat better
- Jagadgurus call on CM KCR
3-day police custody for Chandila
A Delhi court on Monday sent suspended Rajasthan Royals player Ajit Chandila, arrested in connection with the IPL spot-fixing scam, to three days'...
A Delhi court on Monday sent suspended Rajasthan Royals player Ajit Chandila, arrested in connection with the IPL spot-fixing scam, to three days' police custody for interrogation. Sending Chandila to police custody, Additional Sessions Judge Ajay Kumar Jain posted for June 22 the bail pleas of the cricketer and five other five accused.
Besides Chandila, the other accused who moved bail pleas are bookies Ramesh Vyas, Ashwani Aggarwal, Deepak Kumar, Sunil Bhatia and ex-Ranji player Baburao Yadav. Police have opposed their bail pleas. Delhi Police on May 16 arrested three Rajasthan Royals players - S Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan - on spot fixing charges. Subsequently, 25 others were arrested.
The other 21 accused, including Sreesanth and Chavan, have already been granted bail by the court.