- Timely thrust to medical devices sector
- Tirupati: Ensure safe food for consumers
- Hyderabad: KCR steadfast in standing by Singareni workers: Kavitha
- Karnataka: Five killed in Cruiser -lorry mishap
- Hyderabad: GHMC officers pledge to protect environment
- Hyderabad: Grand ‘Telangana Sahitya Dinotsavam’ on June 11
- Inculcate habit of planting saplings: Kurnool SBI DGM Lekha Menon
- Gold and silver rates today remained stable in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 06 June 2023
- Hyderabad: Youngistaan organises unique trek
- Weather alert: 212 mandals in AP to witness severe heatwaves today
Dhoni limps out of series; Ambati Rayudu steps in
Kingston (PTI): The Indian cricket team was dealt a major blow on Monday with captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni being ruled out of the remainder of the...
Kingston (PTI): The Indian cricket team was dealt a major blow on Monday with captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni being ruled out of the remainder of the ongoing tri-nation ODI series due to a hamstring injury, prompting the BCCI to appoint Virat Kohli as the stand-in skipper. Batsman Ambati Rayudu will be flown in as Dhoni's replacement. "Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been ruled out of the ongoing tri-series in the West Indies, due to a hamstring injury. The All-India Senior Selection Committee has picked Ambati Rayudu as his replacement in the squad. Rayudu will join the team at the earliest," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement. "Virat Kohli will lead India in the remainder of the tri-series," the statement added. Dhoni did not keep wickets against the West Indies during the team's tri-nation series opener in Jamaica yesterday after sustaining a hamstring injury while batting. Dhoni handed over the wicketkeeping duties to teammate Dinesh Karthik in the match, which the West Indies won by one wicket at Sabina Park here. The 31-year-old skipper, who led India's triumphant campaign at the ICC Champions Trophy, was to be examined by the doctors.