- WWDC 2023: Apple's new AR headset is Apple Vision Pro
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces Mac Pro with M2 Ultra
- WWDC 2023: Apple Announces iOS 17 with New Features
- Here is the official date of ‘NBK108’ title release
- Assam Police seize drugs valued at Rs 6 crore, one held
- Shehbaz rejects PTI's claims on rights abuses
- CBI must probe how Trinamool accessed official call between two Railway officials: Suvendu Adhikari
- Govt sources say Railways spent over Rs 1L cr of RRSK funds on safety in five years
- Youngistaan Foundation Celebrates World Environment Day with an Inspiring Trek
- Manhunt underway in Jharkhand to nab illegal mining kingpin Dahu Yadav
England down Kiwis to enter semifinals
England produced a disciplined all-round display to register a narrow 10-run victory over New Zealand in their crucial rain-curtailed Group A match to...
England produced a disciplined all-round display to register a narrow 10-run victory over New Zealand in their crucial rain-curtailed Group A match to enter the semifinals of the Champions Trophy.
Riding on skipper Alastair Cook's 47-ball 64, England scored 169 all out against New Zealand after the match was reduced to a 24-over a side tie following incessant rain which delayed the start by over five hours.
Needing 170 for a win, the Kiwis lost their top five batsmen for 62 and despite a gutsy 54-ball 67 by Kane Williamson, they failed to take the game to the wire.
With four points from three matches in group A, England are currently on top of the table. After three games, New Zealand are second in the group with three points while Australia (1 point from two matches) and Sri Lanka (two points from two matches) are all in the fray for a spot in the last four.
ScorecardEngland: (All out in 23.3 overs) 169 New Zealand: L Ronchi c Trott b Anderson 2, MJ Guptill b Anderson 9, KS Williamson not out 67, LRPL Taylor lbw b Bresnan 3, BB McCullum c Root b Bopara 8, JEC Franklin c Morgan b Bopara 6, Corey J Anderson not out 30, NL McCullum not out 13, KD Mills not out 5; Extras: (LB-8, W-8) 16; Total: (7 wickets in 23.6 overs) 159; Fall of wickets: 1-14, 2-14, 3-27, 4-48, 5-62, 6-135, 7-140, 8-159; Bowling: SCJ Broad 5-0-25-1, JM Anderson 5-0-32-3, TT Bresnan 5-0-41-2, RS Bopara 5-0-26-2, JC Tredwell 4-0-27-0.