- Passengers deboard train after detecting smoke
- Odisha train tragedy: CBI registers FIR, takes over probe
- Rs 77 lakh worth red sanders seized five smugglers arrested
- June 7, Telangana Government to Celebrate "Irrigation Water Day
- One dead five injured on ORR accident
- Huge demand for organic products in World, Agriculture Minister Kakani Govardhan Reddy
- Show same spirit you have shown since nine years: KCR to employees
- Survey with househelps show that couples are happier when they share the load
- India, Germany hold talks to enhance bilateral defence cooperation
- Communal tag to coastal areas HM determined to erase it
MPDOs asked to prepare quota list for local body elections
Kurnool: District Collector C Sudarsan Reddy here on Monday instructed the mandal parishad development officers (MPDOs) to prepare the list of...
Kurnool: District Collector C Sudarsan Reddy here on Monday instructed the mandal parishad development officers (MPDOs) to prepare the list of reservations in the ensuing elections to the local bodies after consulting the RDOs concerned throughout the district. A Addressing the officials at the Collectorate, the district collector covered various issues like local body elections, pensions, personal latrines, eradication of child labour and others.
Zilla Parishad Chief Executive Officer Surya Prakash, DRO Venugopal Reddy, DPO Sobha Swarupa Rani, DRDA PD Nazir Saheb and others were present. The collector said that notification would be issued soon for conducting elections to the local bodies and the officials should get prepared. The MPDOs should prepare the reservation list to conduct elections for 735 MPTCs and 53 ZPTCs in consultation with the RDOs, he added.
He said that the elections to the MPTCs and ZPTCs would be conducted in a single phase by arranging 2371 polling stations throughout the district. He said that the police department had listed out 168 troublesome villages, 319, sensitive polling booths and 244 hyper sensitive polling booths in the district.
The collector said that the services of 563 students of engineering colleges or other institutions could be used along with their laptops with web cameras to capture the polling process. A Referring to the child labour problem in the district, the collector stressed on the need to undertake special drive in three phases to identify child labour and school dropout children.
Migration of workers, child labourers working in construction and cotton fields were rampant in Adoni area, he said. "Special camps for migrant children needed to be set up in case the parents migrated to other areas," he suggested.A Kurnool RDO Obulesu, Nandyala RDO Sankar, Adoni RDO Sundar Reddy and MPDOs of all mandals participated in the meeting.