- Hyderabad: Celebrities urged not to promote tobacco
- BRS MP Santosh thanks BCCI for the green initiative
- The magic of mirrors
- Eating junk food is linked to lower quality of deep sleep: study
- Beat The Heat! Beware and prepare for heat related illness
- NIA raids over Islamic terror funding 18 places searched Islamic terror outfits planned to assassinate Modi
- Shri Ummalaneni Raja Babu, Distinguished Scientist has been appointed as Director General, Missiles & Strategic Systems, DRDO
- Weather update: 15 mandals in the state to face heatwaves on Thursday and Friday
- Patanjali Foods consolidates on the Food and FMCG business in FY 2023
- Alexa can no longer speak like Amitabh Bachchan; All details
Messi, Villa combine to sink Rayo
Madrid (AFP): David Villa expressed his delight at returning to top form as he scored and set-up two goals for Lionel Messi as Barcelona beat Rayo...
Madrid (AFP): David Villa expressed his delight at returning to top form as he scored and set-up two goals for Lionel Messi as Barcelona beat Rayo Vallecano 3-1 to restore their 13-point lead at the top of La Liga. "I am happy to help, to play and to score, which is what I have to do because at the end of the day I am a striker," he told Canal+. "I want to continue like this and will give everything in every game so I can continue to play." As in Tuesday's 4-0 win over AC Milan, Messi and Villa were again the key protagonists as Barca looked more like their old selves than the jaded side that lost three times in four games prior to last weekend's win over Deportivo La Coruna.A However, Villa doesn't believe the Catalans confidence was ever shaken by those three defeats. "I am happy to combine with Leo in the decisive moves. Today the three goals have arrived from similar moves and we need to continue like this.A "I don't think we had lost our confidence. Football is a sport in which you can win, draw or lose and we have always tried our best even if in a few important games we weren't able to win." Without the injured Xavi and Carles Puyol and suspended Victor Valdes, Barca assistant boss Jordi Roura started with pretty much his strongest side despite their exertions in midweek and was rewarded with a strong performance. Messi should have opened the scoring after just six minutes but he slipped at the crucial moment after being found by a neat pass from Cesc Fabregas and then saw a tradamark free-kick come off the crossbar. However, there was some bad news for the hosts as Adriano then limped off with a hamstring injury and is expected to miss the Champions League quarter-final ties with Paris Saint-Germain.A Dani Alves replaced his compatriot but Barca's rhythm wasn't disrupted as they took the lead on 25 minutes. Messi made up for his previous miss with a brilliant touch to take him clear of the Rayo defence before teeing up Villa to finish first time into the top corner 14th goal of the season.