- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik drops Higher Education Minister Rohit Pujari from ministry
- China issues draft guidelines to tackle online abuse
- Raut alleges threats 'state-sponsored' as one tracked in Maha's Amravati
- Gangula Kamalakar escapes danger after boat capsizes in a pond in Karimnagar
- Bhojpuri singer arrested in Gurugram for raping minor
- Delhi liquor policy case: SC cuts short interim bail granted by HC to Raghav Magunta
- Over 67% students pass university entrance exam in Myanmar
- Samsung's One UI 5 beta lets users quickly transfer Galaxy watch to new phone
- Top 5 richest comedians of India: See net worth
- Ashes 2023: England have slightly different plans for Smith this time, says Ollie Pope
Sania to market Delhi Smashers
New Delhi (PTI): Business conglomerate Krrish Group on Friday named Indian tennis star Sania Mirza as the brand ambassador of its Delhi franchise in...
New Delhi (PTI): Business conglomerate Krrish Group on Friday named Indian tennis star Sania Mirza as the brand ambassador of its Delhi franchise in the upcoming Indian Badminton League (IBL). Krrish Group, which deals in distillery, breweries, construction and real estate, will make its debut in sports arena with the IBL and has named its franchise "Delhi Smashers". "It's an amazing concept and I wish the Delhi franchise all luck in the IBL. I hope to attend a few games and try to find some time from my busy schedule. It's great to be announced the brand ambassador of the franchise," Sania told reporters here. "Badminton is different to my racquet sport. I haven't played badminton for a long...May be after 20 years I think. The whole concept is amazing. With the IPL doing so well and with the tennis, we are also starting ITPL which Mahesh (Bhupathi) is doing. Right now, badminton does have a certain star power and I think there's no reason for it not to work," she added. Sania tried her hand at badminton on the sidelines of the function and played a short-duration friendly match with a local female player.