- BJP's OBC campaign in UP is 'Dhanyawad Modi'
- Kriti Sanon Biography: Age, Family, Education, Career, Net worth, Movies, Awards, Photos
- UK to have one of highest inflation rates in the world in 2023: Forecast
- ‘Adipurush’ new trailer shows a spectacular exchange between Ram and Ravan
- Union Cabinet approves HUDA City Centre-Cyber City metro project in Gurgaon
- Now, Rajasthan government employees to get full pension after 25 yrs of service
- Make woman WFI chief, scrap FIRs against us: Wrestlers to Anurag Thakur
- Telangana: 150 pilgrims leaves to Jeddah from Hyderabad for Haj Yatra
- Rising cataract surgeries driving artificial lens market growth: Report
- Construction company involved in collapsed Bihar bridge also working on Gujarat projects
New committee to monitor sports events
he Sport Ministry has decided to form a steering committee to monitor and coordinate the work related to major international sports events till the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
New Delhi (PTI): The Sport Ministry has decided to form a steering committee to monitor and coordinate the work related to major international sports events till the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. "To monitor and coordinate the work relating to major international sports events, upto Olympic Games 2020, it has been decided by the Government of India to constitute a Steering Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary (Sports), Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports," Union Sports Minister Jitendra Singh said. The Steering Committee will be responsible for deciding core probables, reviewing performance of the core probables every three months for deciding who needs to be retained or dropped or added.
The Committee will also take up cases where for any reason, a decision cannot be taken by SAI DG. It will also be responsible for taking up the cases where quick decisions are required on the part of the Ministry including arrangements of additional funds. Besides, any other activity deemed necessary in connection with preparation for major international sporting events will be taken by the Committee.
The Steering Committee will be headed by Secretary (Sports) and Executive Director (Teams), SAI will be the convener, while the other members will include SAI Director General, Joint Secretary (Sports), Joint Secretary (Development), Government Observer for the concerned discipline, the release said. Also a representative of concerned National Sports Federation(s), a representative of India Olympic Association and any other member to be co-opted as required and Chief Coach of concerned discipline(s) will be part of the Steering Committee.