- TDP Mahanadu: All set for huge public meeting, Naidu to arrive at venue shortly
- Shaakuntalam Bags A Total Of 4 Awards At Prestigious Cannes World Film Festival Awards 2023
- Kodali Nani pays tribute to NTR, challenges Naidu, Lokesh to contest from Gannavaram
- Rajinikanth, Anupam Kher And SRK Praise PM Modi On The Occasion Of New Parliament Inauguration
- Modi pays tribute to NTR at 101st Mann ki Baat, says he earned place in hearts of people
- Sharwanand Drops A Tweet And Confirms That He Met With A Minor Car Accident
- 'DJ Tillu' Fame Praneeth Reddy Says, ‘I Want To Hold A Versatile ‘Tag’, Rather Than Being The Lead Actor
- AP Weather update: Heatwave predicted in several mandals today and evening
- NTR's centenary as 'Telugu Heritage Day' in America
- Chandrababu, Balayya tribute to NTR
Botswana sack football coach Tshosane
Botswana sack football coach Tshosane. The Botswana Football Association (BFA) Monday confirmed the sacking of national team coach Stanley Tshosane.
The Botswana Football Association (BFA) Monday confirmed the sacking of national team coach Stanley Tshosane.
BFA CEO Keith Masters told the media that the contract of the Zebras coach was terminated Oct 2, Xinhua reported.
Rumors of the axing of the coach have been doing rounds in the local media for a while following a string of poor results in official competitions by the team.
On Monday, a letter of dismissal was handed over to the coach who took the team to their first ever Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) appearance in 2012.
Tshosane failed to reach the finals of the African Nations Championship ( CHAN), and also failed to reach the semi finals of the recent COSAFA Cup as they had demanded of him, the BFA said in a statement.
Botswana also recently failed to make it to the final qualification stages of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The team has been on a downward spiral ever since a fairytale journey that saw them qualify for the continental showpiece almost two years ago.
Tshosane signed a new three-year deal with the BFA last year and was supposed to guide the team until end of 2015. Meanwhile the BFA had not yet announced who would replace Tshosane.
Botswana will not take part in any major competitions until September 2014 when they play qualifiers for the 2015 AFCON.