- Understand person’s object relationship
- Prominent Shrines in the land of Kalinga
- Our body produces opioids naturally?
- Global stock taking at Bonn climate summit
- Invasive lionfish threaten, ecosystems
- 9 Years in Office: CM KCR – A Statesman Par Excellence
- Cyberabad CP Stephen inaugurates renovated EOW office
- Hyderabad: NSDC organising Kaushal Mahotsav, a two-day Job Mela
- JNTU-H introduces BTech in Cyber Security
- Hyderabad: 3-day G20 HWG meet in city from today
Indian flag hoisted at Asiad Village
The national tricolour was hoisted by members of the Indian contingent at the Athletes Village of the Asian Games in both Jakarta and Palembang to mark the countrys 72nd Independence Day on Wednesday
Jakarta: The national tricolour was hoisted by members of the Indian contingent at the Athletes Village of the Asian Games in both Jakarta and Palembang to mark the country's 72nd Independence Day on Wednesday.
In Palembang, Deputy Chef de Mission Balbir Singh Kushwaha hoisted the tricolour at a simple ceremony which was attended by around 25 athletes, mostly shooters and rowers.
Yassir Arafat, the Asian Games International Relationship & Protocoller (IR & P) Coordinator in Palembang, was invited as the chief guest of the ceremony.
"Hoisting of the Tricolor at the #AsianGames Athletes village in Palembang on our #72ndIndependenceDay. Wishing everyone a very #HappyIndependenceDay," tweeted the Indian Olympic Association.
Here too, the flag was hoisted at a simple ceremony at the Games Village with athletes and officials attending it.
The men and women handball teams are already there in the Village in Jakarta since their competitions have started before the opening ceremony on August 18.
The men and women hockey teams landed on Wednesday while the boxers are expected to reach on Thursday.
"Happy Independence Day !!! ...sending you all Independence Day wishes from Jakarta," men's hockey team captain P R Sreejesh tweeted after reaching Jakarta.