- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
Lalchand Rajput to coach Zimbabwe national Cricket team
Former India opener Lalchand Rajput has been appointed as the head coach of Zimbabwes national team Zimbabwe Cricket made the announcement on their official Twitter handle
Mumbai: Former India opener Lalchand Rajput has been appointed as the head coach of Zimbabwe's national team. Zimbabwe Cricket made the announcement on their official Twitter handle.
"@ZimCricketv is thrilled to announce Lalchand Rajput has been appointed as the substantive head coach of our mens national team.
The former @BCCI international is a respected and successful coach reputed for his passion, hard work and intimate knowledge of the game #AllTheBest," Zimbabwe Cricket tweeted.
Rajput was earlier appointed as the interim head coach of Zimbabwe in May for the tri-series involving Pakistan and Zimbabwe and for the ODI rubber against Pakistan.
"I am happy and excited over the appointment and look forward to the challenges ahead.
I am thankful to Zimbabwe Cricket for recognising my coaching abilities and giving me a three-year term, but renewable yearly," Rajput told PTI from Zimbabwe.
Rajput played two Tests and four ODIs for India and was a consistent performer for Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy.
He was the cricket manager of the Mahendra Singh Dhoni-led Indian team which lifted the inaugural T20 World Cup in South Africa in 2007.