- Chinese Snooker Association vows to issue harsh punishment towards players over match-fixing
- How to ensure food safety at home
- Samsung may bring dust resistance feature to Galaxy Z Fold 5, Z Flip 5
- Actor Shine Pandey shares how he quitted IIT to become an actor
- Project manager held for 2019 Hero Honda Chowk flyover collapse in Gurugram
- India-born Diageo CEO Sir Ivan Manuel Menezes passes away
- National Best friends day 2023: Significance, Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Photos
- Hyderabad students shine at Olympiad awards 2022-23
- Following are foreign exchange rates on june-07-2023
- Rajasthan Govt. sanctions Rs 31 crore to boost its water supply system in Ajmer
Chess Olympiad double for China
Asian chess giant China won the gold in both the sections open and women in the 43rd World Chess Olympiad at the end the 11th and final round here on Friday
Georia: Asian chess giant China won the gold in both the sections -- open and women -- in the 43rd World Chess Olympiad at the end the 11th and final round here on Friday.
In the open section, third seeded China drew top seeded USA while the second seeded Russia defeated France.
At the end, USA wins silver medal while Russia wins the bronze.
This is the second time China wins the Olympiad gold after it won in 2014 in Norway.
Fifth seeded India was ranked sixth after its draw against Poland.
In the women section, while China clinched gold, Ukraine and Georgia 1 won silver and bronze medals respectively.
The fifth seeded Indian women's team secured eighth position.
It was a day of mixed results for India with the open team splitting points with Poland while the women's team defeated Mongolia 3:1.