- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
- Asian Games: Indian men beat Kyrgyzstan; women lose to top seed China in fourth round of chess Team event
- Nitish Kumar calls all party meeting on Tuesday to discuss caste survey
India bag five PAG medals
India opened its Para Asian Games PAG campaign in style by bagging two silver and three bronze medals on the opening day
Jakarta: India opened its Para Asian Games (PAG) campaign in style by bagging two silver and three bronze medals on the opening day.
The men's badminton team opened the country's medal account after narrowly losing to Malaysia 1- 2 in the semifinals to settle for a bronze.
In the 49 kg men's powerlifting event, Farman Basha claimed the silver and Paramjeet Kumar won the bronze.
The gold went to Pia Laophalkdee of Laos for his effort of 133 kg.
Farman lifted 128 kg while Paramjeet had 127 kg.
The medals continued to come India's way as swimmers Devanshi Satijawon picked up a silver in women's 100 metre butterfly in S-10 category and Suyash Jadhav clinched the bronze in the men's 200 metre individual medley in SM-7 category.