Yummy, healthy almond
Natural, unsalted almonds are a tasty and nutritious snack with plenty of health benefits Loaded with minerals, they are also among the healthiest of...
Natural, unsalted almonds are a tasty and nutritious snack with plenty of health benefits. Loaded with minerals, they are also among the healthiest of tree nuts. Just a handful of nutrient-rich almonds a day helps promote heart health and prevent weight gain, and it may even help fight diseases like diabetes and Alzheimer's.
Here are some benefits of eating almonds:
- Almonds deliver a massive amount of nutrients. Almonds are high in healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, protein and various important nutrients.
- Almonds are high in antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to ageing and disease.
- Almonds are among the world's best sources of vitamin E. Getting plenty of vitamin E from foods is linked to numerous health benefits.
- Almonds are extremely high in magnesium, a mineral that most people don't get enough of. High magnesium intake may have major benefits for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Low magnesium levels are strongly linked to high blood pressure, indicating that almonds can be beneficial for blood pressure control.
- Eating 1-2 handfuls of almonds per day can lead to mild reductions in LDL cholesterol levels.
- Eating almonds reduces hunger, lowering your overall calorie intake. Nuts are low in carbs, but high in protein and fiber. Studies show that eating almonds (and other nuts) can increase satiety and help you eat fewer calories.
- Almonds are incredibly effective for weight loss.