- Supreme Court Seeks Explanation On Delhi Chief Secretary's Tenure Extension, Questions Government's Sole Dependence
- Central Government Eases Air Quality Restrictions In NCR Following Improved Conditions
- Excise official suspended for carrying cash on election time in Telangana
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on November 29, 2023
- Kurnool: New sub-stations will ensure quality power supply
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam today stable, check the rates on November 29, 2023
- YS Jagan lauds rescuers for saving workers trapped in Silkyara tunnel in Uttarkashi
- TRS, Congress changed names not their games, charges Eknath Shinde
- PL Stock Report: Jindal Stainless (JDSL IN) - Visit Update – Focus on improving efficiencies & volumes - Downgrade to 'Accumulate'
- SCR to restore few trains
Congress MLAs out of Telangana Assembly
Congress MLAs out of Telangana Assembly, Legislators of main opposition Congress party were Tuesday suspended from Telangana state assembly for a day for stalling the proceedings.
Hyderabad: Legislators of main opposition Congress party were Tuesday suspended from Telangana state assembly for a day for stalling the proceedings.
Speaker Madhusudhana Chary suspended 13 members as they insisted on a debate on the defections being encouraged by the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS).
Barring Leader of Opposition K. Janara Reddy, all other members of the main opposition present in the house were suspended after Minister for Legislative Affairs Harish Rao moved a resolution.
The suspension came after two adjournments of the house since morning over the issue. Jana Reddy alleged that Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao is violating the Constitution by encouraging defections from the opposition parties.
Later, the suspended members sat on a sit-in in the assembly premises, raising slogans against the government. They were carrying placards with the slogan 'save democracy'.