- Punjab Congress attacked AAP government over the arrest of Sukhpal Singh Khaira
- Chiranjeevi launches Tiger Shroff’s ‘Ganapath’ teaser
- Suniel Shetty hails Sanjay Dutt’s sense of humour
- Prabhas’ ‘Salaar Part 1 - Ceasefire’ gets official release date
- Karnataka attracts $16 million investment from Waters Corporation to set up a GCC in Bengaluru
- Mynampally and son join Congress in New Delhi
- YS Jagan launches Jagananna Arogya Suraksha, says free medical tests to all
- ISKCON sends Rs 100 cr defamation notice to BJP MP Maneka Gandhi
- Committee again asks Karnataka to release 3,000 cusecs water till Oct 15
- Kejriwal unveils 15-point winter action plan to combat air pollution
Adulterate toddy trade flourishing in RR dist
Adulterated toddy trade is flourishing in Peddamul, Bashirabad, Yalal and Tandur mandals of Ranga Reddy district, amid allegations that the Excise department is overlooking the menace in return for ‘mamools’ from traders.
Tandur (Ranga Reddy): Adulterated toddy trade is flourishing in Peddamul, Bashirabad, Yalal and Tandur mandals of Ranga Reddy district, amid allegations that the Excise department is overlooking the menace in return for ‘mamools’ from traders.
The chemical-mixed toddy (Chloral Hydrate) is posing a threat to people’s health, even causing deaths. Recently, a resident of Manasanapalli in Peddamul mandal Sameeruddin (45) died after allegedly consuming adulterated toddy. As a result, his family lost its head.
Sale of toddy was banned in Tandur in the past following deaths of several persons and causing severe health problems to those who consumed it.
Residents of the four mandals want the department to take stringent action to prevent toddy adulteration.
By: G Ashok Kumar