- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
- A bowl of yoghurt daily may help boost mental health
- Rajasthan Congress leader pens last letter as MLA, thanks critics
- HC expresses displeasure over lack of cooperation from Delhi govt on space for judicial officers
- Mastermind behind stealing & selling SUVs to northeast states arrested
- Increase in BSF's jurisdiction does not take away powers of Punjab Police, says Supreme Court
- Delhi HC directs CBI to submit charge sheet against Nair, Boinpally in excise policy case
- Delhi: 'Prolonged' delay in SpiceJet flight departure leaves passengers frustrated
- BMC gets serious about Mumbai air pollution, invites EoI for artificial rains
Officials told to make elaborate arrangements
District Collector M Veera Brahmaiah instructed the officials concerned on Wednesday to make elaborate arrangements for conducting Republic Day celebrations at Police Parade Grounds on January 26.
Karimnagar: District Collector M Veera Brahmaiah instructed the officials concerned on Wednesday to make elaborate arrangements for conducting Republic Day celebrations at Police Parade Grounds on January 26. He convened a meeting with officials at the Collectorate to review arrangements for the Republic Day celebrations.
Speaking on the occasion, Veera Brahmaiah informed officials to make arrangements in a big way in order to celebrate Republic Day as it would be the first Republic Day after the formation of Telangana state. He stated that 20 tableaux should present various themes depicting implementation of welfare schemes during Republic Day celebrations. He told them to present cultural programmes with children to reflect Telangana traditions and culture as part of celebrations.
District Collector said that Police Department, RDO, Tahsildar and Municipal Commissioner should take joint responsibility in beautification of Parade Grounds. He instructed RDO and Tahsildar to make seating arrangements as per the protocol.
Joint Collector Sarfaraz Ahmed, DRO T Veerabrahmaiah, DRDA project director Vijay Gopal, ZP chief executive officer Ambaiah and other officials were present.