- Indian men, women canter into pre-quarters
- Every decade a women’s dressing style changes
- Praasa Mani delivers lecture on ‘Prakruti odilo parisramalu’
- Aloe can provide immediate relief for your infant
- TDP stages novel protest against Naidu’s arrest
- Bejan Daruwalla’s Horoscope
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today surges, check the rates on 24 September, 2023
- Kishan Reddy slams govt over exam cancellation
- BJYM activists donate blood
- Gold and silver rate in Hyderabad today surges, check the rates on September 23, 2023
TPCC unveils promise tracker
Alleging that the TRS government had implemented only three of its poll-eve promises fully and 18 partially out of total 105 during its 276 days in power, the TPCC vice president Shabbir Ali said on Wednesday, while unveiled a giant 10-feet Promise Tracker at Gandhi Bhavan.
Move to slam KCR for failing to implement poll-eve promises
Hyderabad: Alleging that the TRS government had implemented only three of its poll-eve promises fully and 18 partially out of total 105 during its 276 days in power, the TPCC vice president Shabbir Ali said on Wednesday, while unveiled a giant 10-feet Promise Tracker at Gandhi Bhavan.
He said he had put up this ‘Shahi Farman’ since KCR was behaving like a monarch. At least its design and looks would prompt the Chief Minister to have a look at the promises he had made to the people, he said. The 'Farman-e-Shahi' has three columns of Implemented, Not Implemented and Partially Implemented. "While the Congress party has ticked in those columns, we are sending the sheet with blank columns to the Chief Minister, so that he himself could tick against the promises and do a self-assessment of his performance, Shabbir said.
He said while there were about 2,000 martyrs who sacrificed their lives for separate Telangana, a compensation of Rs 10 lakh was paid to only 459 families. None of them got the promised jobs or other benefits so far, he said. Similarly, the Congress leader said only 25 per cent of the amount towards crop loan waiver was released with no clarity as to when the remaining 75 per cent would be cleared. The promised eight-hour power supply for farmers remained unimplemented. Instead, the erratic power supply and insensitive attitude of the government drove hundreds of farmers to suicide.
The KG to PG free education promise remained a non-starter. While one full academic year had been lost, another was about to begin, said the Congress MLC. Likewise, the promise of 12 per cent reservation for Muslims and STs in jobs and education also remained unimplemented. Instead of constituting judicial commissions as a prelude to provide reservation, the State Government only constituted Enquiry Commissions, headed by retired IAS officers, which would have no legal sanctity.
The information that these commissions had been asked to collect already exists with the government as per the Intensive Household Survey held in August last year. Further, the government did not spend even 25% of the allocated amount for the welfare of SC, ST, BC and minorities communities, he added. The much publicised 2BHK apartments for poor, three acre of land for Dalits and Tribals, one government jobs in every household and several other promises remained unimplemented, he said.