- National Science Day 2024: History, Importance, and Theme| Explained
- Foreign investors unwilling to chase most stocks at current valuations, say analysts
- Badeti Chanti calls for unity among party leaders in Eluru
- Delhi HC upholds DMC mandate for allopathic doctors' registration, renewal
- Increasing med school admissions by 2,000 minimum necessary measure: South Korean President
- Veteran Gujarat Congress leader Naran Rathwa and son join BJP
- Ex-CPI(M) MLA from Sandeshkhali granted bail by Calcutta High Court
- ED issues 8th summons to Kejriwal, asks him to appear on March 4
- Abhinav Bindra, Neeraj Chopra, Anju Bobby George to be part of Bharat Sports Science Conclave
- S. Jaishankar calls India 'beacon of hope', 2024 important year for democracy
MROs protest against ASP’s behaviour
MROs protest against ASP’s behaviour.The Mandal Revenue Officers (MROs) of all the mandals in the Mancherial division sat on a dharna at the RDO office in the town on Monday, in protest against the misbehavior of the Assistant Superintendent of Police S M Vijay Kumar.
Mancherial (Adilabad): The Mandal Revenue Officers (MROs) of all the mandals in the Mancherial division sat on a dharna at the RDO office in the town on Monday, in protest against the misbehavior of the Assistant Superintendent of Police S M Vijay Kumar.
Speaking to the media, they said that when they received complaints that the government land on Survey No. 284 in Mancherial was encroached upon by some people who also built illegal constructions, they went to demolish them. They also petitioned the police to provide them adequate protection while the illegal structures were being demolished.
However, as they were about to remove the encroachments, the ASP rushed to the spot and started hurling abuses against the staff of the revenue department. The MROs alleged that the ASP abused them in foul language in the presence of the Revenue Divisional Officer.
They said that it was the duty of the police department to provide protection to the revenue staff members who were discharging their duties to protect the government lands and not to ride roughshod over them. They warned that they would intensify their agitation if the ASP does not mend his behavior.They said that the revenue and the police departments should work in coordination with each other and in unison to protect the government lands.