- CM Mann, Kejriwal launch Mata Kaushalya hospital in Patiala
- Women staged protests against opening of 1000 liquor shops in state
- Telangana Governor pays tributes at Hyderabad’s Bapu Ghat
- Northeast receives 82% monsoon rain, lowest among country’s 4 regions
- Odisha Shocker: Man kills elderly mother, sets body on fire
- Goa Police book one for objectionable remarks against Lord Ram on FB
- iPhone 15 Pro Max: Delicate or Tough? Find out
- Delhi HC halts pizza outlet from using 'Dominick Pizza' due to trademark infringement by Domino's
- Gandhi Jayanti 2023: 50+ Quotes by Mahatma Gandhi to Start Your Day with Inspiration!
- Foreign students facing severe accommodation crisis in UK: Report
Telangana Civic polls peaceful
The polling for Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) and Khammam Municipal Corporation (KMC) elections passed off peacefully on Sunday. The 50-division civic body of the Khammam recorded a poll percentage of 67.68,
Warangal/Khammam: The polling for Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) and Khammam Municipal Corporation (KMC) elections passed off peacefully on Sunday. The 50-division civic body of the Khammam recorded a poll percentage of 67.68,
- 60 pc polling in Warangal, 68 pc in Khammam
while 60.30 percent of 6, 44,099 voters in GWMC exercised their franchise deciding the fate of 398 candidates who were in the fray. The polling in Khammam which started on a sluggish note, picked up as the day progressed. Despite a minor incident at the 22nd division, the district administration claimed that the election went off peacefully.
In Warangal, the polling which began on a slow pace picked up speed during evening hours. By 3 pm 47 percent voting taken place with 3, 27,726 voters casting their votes and by 4 pm the voting percent was 55. Though the overall polling was peaceful there were some minor incidents at some places.
In 56th division, the followers of an independent candidate N Jhansilaxmi entered into heated arguments when they learnt that the local TRS candidate K Chandramohan was distributing money. Police intervened and dispersed the quarrelling mob.