- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
Take special care on Mission Kakatiya works, officials told
District Collector P Satyanarayana Reddy directed the officials concerned to take special care in completing the works relating to Mission Kakatiya at the earliest. Addressing a review meeting with the officials of Irrigation department on the works pertaining to Mission Kakatiya here on Wednesday.
Nalgonda: District Collector P Satyanarayana Reddy directed the officials concerned to take special care in completing the works relating to Mission Kakatiya at the earliest. Addressing a review meeting with the officials of Irrigation department on the works pertaining to Mission Kakatiya here on Wednesday, Satyanarayana Reddy said that out of 829 tanks that were taken up for restoration under the first phase of Mission Kakatiya, works relating to 817 tanks were already started and renovation works of nine tanks were yet to begin.
He directed the officials to supervise the contractors and complete the works of Mission Kakatiya as early as possible. Reminding the officials that 1,061 tanks have been identified for restoration under the second phase of Mission Kakatiya, the District Collector said administrative sanction was accorded to 940 tanks.
In all, tenders were called for 698 tanks and agreements were completed for 317 tanks. Out of them, works were grounded for 39 tanks, he added. Satyanarayana Reddy told the officials that the works of Mission Kakatiya should be taken up with a comprehensive plan to avoid any allegations on them. He also reviewed the progress of works of Dharma Reddy Canal and Bhunadhirai Canal in the district. Irrigation Department Superintending Engineer Dharma Naik and other officials were also present at the review meeting.