- Plight of Ad-Hoc professors in DU: AAP teachers' wing to go on hunger strike
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 07-06-2023
- Weather alert: 218 mandals in AP to witness heatwaves today, rains likely in parts of state
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 07-06-2023
- Narrow escape for Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express in Bengal's Purulia
- UP kids top in climate change vulnerability index
- Hyderabad: City start up transforming HEIs into AI driven campuses
- PL Technicals Daily Morning Report
- Ice Cream— positive & negative effects on the nervous system
- Odisha Train Accident: 83 bodies await identification; distraught relatives clueless
Telangana TDP plans drought yatra in Telangana
Telangana unit of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Saturday decided to hold ‘ Drought Yatras’ from April 18 to 25 to ascertain the impact of prevailing drought conditions in all villages across the State.
Hyderabad: Telangana unit of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Saturday decided to hold ‘ Drought Yatras’ from April 18 to 25 to ascertain the impact of prevailing drought conditions in all villages across the State.
The party State committee headed by L Ramana and working president A Revanth Reddy conducted a meeting at party head office NTR Trust Bhavan and reviewed drought and drinking water crisis.
Speaking to newsmen after the meeting, party senior leader R Chandrasekhar Reddy said, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao’s governance is like ‘Nero playing fiddle while Rome was burning.’ “When people are crying for help, the Chief Minister is taking rest at his farmhouse in the sweltering summer,” he said.
The TDP leader said, the party took strong exception to the supply of uninterrupted water to distilleries by reducing quantity of drinking water to locals in Hyderabad.
Reddy said that during the Yatra, the party leaders would prepare reports on damaged crops, farmers’ woes and drinking water problems and the same would be submitted to Collectors.