84 units of subsidised sheep distributed
Planning Commission Vice Chairman Niranjan Reddy launched the sheep distribution scheme in Killaghanapuram mandal of Wanaparthy district on Monday
Wanaparthy: Planning Commission Vice Chairman Niranjan Reddy launched the sheep distribution scheme in Killaghanapuram mandal of Wanaparthy district on Monday.
As part of the programme, Reddy distributed 84 units of subsidised sheep to the Golla, Kurva and Yadava community people in Upparpally village in the mandal.
Speaking on the occasion, Niranjan Reddy said, "the state government has launched the sheep distribution scheme to ensure that the village economy is uplifted by providing sheep to those communities who are hereditarily taken up sheep rearing as their family profession for ages.”
“By doing so the government is trying to revive the fast fading village economy by assisting these communities to develop the resources. This will not only help them gain their lost employment but will also enhance their financial incomes and at the same time help improve rural economic resources," Reddy said.
- AAP in Delhi moves SC seeking constitution to decide who controls services
- Supreme Court dismisses plea challenging constitutional validity 'triple talaq' ordinance
- Congress Working Committee meets to finalise Congress manifesto
- Few Congress leaders creating hurdles for JD(S) ahead of Lok Sabha polls: Karnataka CM
- Supreme Court dismisses a plea seeking a ban on roadshows, bike rallies during polls