- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
TDP politburo meeting today
- Decision on MLC candidates A - A Writes to Left, Lok Satta, MIM seeking support The politburo meeting of the Telugu Desam would be held at...
- Decision on MLC candidates A - A Writes to Left, Lok Satta, MIM seeking support The politburo meeting of the Telugu Desam would be held at Alapadu village near here on Saturday. Party chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who is currently touring the district as part of 'Vastunna Meekosam' yatra, would chair the meeting. It was only on Thursday, the Legislature Party had met here and discussed on the party's strategy to be followed in the budget session of the Assembly. The TDLP meeting had also left the MLC elections issue to the politburo meeting. After the TDLP meeting, the party had written to the CPI, CPI-M, the MIM and the Lok Satta seeking their support for the party for the MLC elections. While the reaction from these parties is yet to be known, the politburo is likely to select the names to be filed for the MLC elections. Earlier in the day, the TD chief took part in the International Women's Day celebrations organised by the women's wing of the party, Telugu Mahila. Speaking on the occasion, Chandrababu Naidu said that the TD was the first political party to have introduced 50 per cent reservations for women in politics and due share in parents' property. He reiterated that the TD would continue to work for the women empowerment and appealed to the women to support the party.