Water supply in sad state: Congress
The system of water distribution under Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) limits has got deteriorated over the past two years, alleged city Congress working president Rajanala Srihari.
Warangal: The system of water distribution under Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) limits has got deteriorated over the past two years, alleged city Congress working president Rajanala Srihari.
For the past four days the citizens in many divisions of the corporation were not getting water supply. At some places the water supplied was contaminated with drainage water due to leakage of distribution pipes, posing health hazards, he complained.
If the condition of the water supply system was in such a poor state in winter season, one could expect what would be the status of water supply in summer season, he worried, speaking to presspersons in Warangal on Monday.
The filter beds at Deshaipet and other locations were in a bad state and yet the corporation officials were not bothered to address the problem. The officials were not responding to the complaints of the residents with regard to errant water supply, Srihari said.
“The poor status of water supply could be well understood with the fact that the ruling party corporators were resorting to protests demanding better water supply,” he said with reference to an agitation staged by a TRS corporator Sharada Joshi of the 15th division and the residents.
- Three counting stations set up in Wayanad parliamentary constituency
- Candidates all geared up with near and dear ones for the Lok-Sabha election results
- Election Result 2019: The grand finale, Counting of votes to begin at 8 am
- Counting Of Votes For Lok Sabha Polls Across 24 Centres In Jharkhand
- Sushma, Qureshi exchange pleasantries on sidelines of SCO meeting