OBESITY is a common and preventable disease of underestimated of clinical and public health importance. It’s a gateway of all other chronic diseases. Obesity is defined as a condition of accumulation of excessive fat under adipose tissue to the extent that health is impaired.
Eating well is a form of self-respect
Diet to follow for not becoming obese:
- Choose whole foods over refined foods like whole grains, vegetables, whole pulses, nuts, fruits over juices.
- For proper metabolism have small meals whole day rather than having one heavy meal (6 small meals).
- Include vegetable salads, sprouts or thin buttermilk as mid meals.
- Avoid fad diets- like unsafe practices like extreme fasting, cutting of entire food groups like meat, fish, whole dairy products.
- Switch to complex carbohydrates like brown rice and millets.
- Change to white meat rather than red meat. (prefer chicken, egg, fish)
- Include all fruits. (except banana, sapota etc.)
- Stay away from trans fats and saturated fats (ghee and dalda)
- Balanced diet is the ultimate solution for preventing obesity. (include all food groups- cereals, pulses, fruits, vegetables, poultry, fish and milk products).
- Avoid outside food.
- DO physical activity for 45 min every day or at least 4 times a week.
- Avoid carbonated beverages.
- Have 2-3 litres of water per day.
- Avoid deep fried food items.
- Oil consumption to be cut down to 3-4 teaspoons per day per person. keep changing oils frequently.