- Nifty closes at day’s low on profit booking
- In 2023, 7 iPhone Models Lead Top 10 Smartphone Sales; Surpass All Android Devices
- PM Modi slams Rahul for his 'drunkard youth remark'
- Magha Purnima 2024: When and How to Celebrate the Full Moon Festival
- Progressive organic farmer earns rs 30 lakh annually
- MP Sumalatha faced life threats for raising voice against illegal mining
- Supreme Court fixes Mar 11 for hearing on Abbas Ansari's bail plea in arms licence case
- Mrunal Thakur Rocks All Black in Glittering Rs 88k Ensemble
- One dead, two missing as fishing boat hits cargo ship in Vietnam
- Bangladesh plans to produce FMD vaccine for livestock
Pandya, Bhuvneshwar, Dhawan in India ODI squad for 3-match series against South Africa
Allrounder Hardik Pandya, pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar and opener Shikhar Dhawan returned to the 50-over fold as India named a 15-member squad for their upcoming three-match ODI series against South Africa starting this month.
Mumbai : Allrounder Hardik Pandya, pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar and opener Shikhar Dhawan returned to the 50-over fold as India named a 15-member squad for their upcoming three-match ODI series against South Africa starting this month.
As reported by IANS earlier, fit-again Hardik made his comeback into the Indian team for the home series against the Proteas with Bhuvneshwar also getting back after a hernia operation that kept him out since December 2019.
Hardik underwent a surgery after suffering a lower-back injury five months ago while Dhawan suffered a shoulder injury in an ODI series against Australia at home.
Hardik has been in devastating form since returning to competitive cricket in the DY Patil T20 tournament, where he hit 158 off 55 balls the other day.
Post his surgery, Hardik had initially hired the services of Delhi Capitals trainer Rajnikanth Sivagnanam to undergo rehab with Team India physio Yogesh Parmar keeping an eye on his progress post his back surgery in October.
Meanwhile, Rohit Sharma was kept out of the mix with the limited overs vice-captain still recovering from a calf injury he suffered during the fifth T20I of the New Zealand tour at the Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui. Kedar Jadhav was also dropped from the squad.
India, led by Virat Kohli, will take on South Africa in the first ODI in Dharamshala on March 12 followed by the second one in Lucknow on March 15. The third and final match will be played at Eden Gardens in Kolkata on March 18.
India's ODI squad: Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Virat Kohli (C), K.L. Rahul, Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Shubman Gill.