- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
- Biotin a vital nutrient beyond beauty
- Salaries delayed for Byju's 20,000 employees, CEO blames investors
- Bengal Edu Dept seeks district-wise list of ‘illegally-employed teachers’ still in service
Shastri's napping image becomes subject of jokes on social media
India crushed South Africa by an innings and 202 runs in the third Test to register a 3-0 clean sweep, but the image that stole the attention of the fans on social media was a picture of head coach Ravi Shastri napping during the game.
Ranchi : India crushed South Africa by an innings and 202 runs in the third Test to register a 3-0 clean sweep, but the image that stole the attention of the fans on social media was a picture of head coach Ravi Shastri napping during the game.
The picture of Shastri sleeping in the dressing room drew a number of reactions on social media and eventually it also became the subject of many jokes. Sharing the image on Twitter, a fan even termed Shastri as 'Sleeping Coach'.
Another fan took a jibe at the head coach and tweeted: "Ravi Shastri has the best job in the entire world. Drinks at will, takes naps during office time, gets paid in crores."
"10 crore per year for sleeping waha #RaviShastri," another person wrote sharing the image.
One other fan compared Shastri with Kumbhkaran, who was a demon and younger brother of Ravana in Ramayana and was known for sleeping for six months and when he awoke, he ate everything in the vicinity.
"Proofs that #RaviShastri is the reincarnation of Kumbhkaran -- 1. Sleeps half the time 2. When wakes up, consumes alcohol and beverages 3. Has a fully grown paunch 4. Always ready to fight on the field," the person wrote.
After the emphatic series win, Shastri emphasized that it was a complete team effort and not just performance from certain individuals that helped them register their record 11th Test series win.