- World Bicycle Day: Facts about bicycles and cycling
- International Bicycle Day: History, Importance, use of bicycles earlier and at present
- Amazon to use AI to check damaged products before shipping
- ‘NBK 108’ makers promises bombarding updates on Balayya’s birthday
- Mamata Banerjee demands proper probe into cause of Odisha train accident
- Now, its Centre's turn to create 2 cr jobs as promised: DK Shivakumar
- Odisha train tragedy: Restoration work begins, says Vaishnaw
- Two buses caught fire in separate incidents in Hyderabad
- Man held for selling adulterated mustard seeds in Hyderabad
- Kashmir: Crowd funding for cancer patient generates Rs 80 lakhs in less than 24 hours
Rogers causes Kvitova upset, advances to quarters
World No.93 Shelby Rogers continued her stellar campaign at the ongoing US Open as she defeated No.6 seed Petra Kvitova to enter the quarterfinals in the women's singles event
New York : World No.93 Shelby Rogers continued her stellar campaign at the ongoing US Open as she defeated No.6 seed Petra Kvitova to enter the quarterfinals in the women's singles event.
On Sunday, US' Rogers saved four match points as she beat Kvitova 7-6(5), 3-6, 7-6(6) to make it to the quarter-finals at her home Grand Slam event for the first time at the Flushing Meadows.
"Day 72 in the bubble," Rogers joked to laughter from the media during her post-match press conference as per the WTA website. "It's been a long time here in New York. I'm happy to be sticking around for some more."
"The tiebreaker, the whole match actually, was a little bit of a roller coaster for both of us," said Rogers. "The first set, you know, a tiebreak. (Kvitova) upped her level a little bit in the second there.
I was up a break in the third, she breaks back. She's just hitting missiles. She served unbelievable.