- Asian Games: Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions individual event
- Your ears and toes can be hotspots for unhealthy microbes: Study
- Two die during Ganesh immersion procession in Hyderabad
- World Heart Day: 1,250 new heart attack cases reported in people under 35 years in B’luru in last two years
- We have faith in the courts, and will get justice: Former Minister Narayana
- Spotify to roll out auto-generated transcripts to millions of podcasts
- Blast near mosque in Balochistan kills 6, injures 30
- Karimnagar: Anganwadi workers’ strike enters 18th day
- PL Technical Research: Vaishali Parekh, Vice President - Technical Research, Prabhudas Lilladher Pvt.
- YS Jagan disburses YSR Vahana Mitra funds, says next election is war between rich and poor
Google Removes 16 Malicious Apps from Play Store; Uninstall right now
As per Avast, if these 16 apps are there on your smartphone, would bombard you with intrusive ads and that ended up in a costly phone bill.
Google has been removing apps from the Play Store for either being infected with malware or for violating its app store policies. Now, while Google is very particular and with the rigid rules, some apps are either adware or are malware-infected.
This time security research firm Avast found 16 apps that are laden with adware and appeared like games; they actually damage your device.
As per Avast, if these 16 apps are there on your smartphone, would bombard you with intrusive ads and that ended up in a costly phone bill. Also, realise the damage they can cause, these apps have been downloaded 8 million times. And while Avast published their report, many ads were still available for download, and some of them were also serving advertisements outside the application.
Avast said that these apps were a part of the HiddenAds family. HiddenAds is a type of Trojan that activates several ads once it is downloaded.
On the listing page of these apps, several reviews mention that they were shown as YouTube ads and the advertised game was different from what was being offered.
Google has removed these apps from the Play Store and if you have been using any of them - delete them right now.
List of the 16 Malicious Apps:
Helicopter Attack – NEW
Assassin Legend - 2020 NEW
Find 5 Differences - 2020 NEW
Find the Differences - Puzzle Game
These apps do end up sneaking into the app market, and although Google has been trying its best to prevent HiddenAds from entering the Play Store.
Avast states that "users need to be vigilant when downloading applications to their phones and are advised to check the applications' profile, reviews and to be mindful of extensive device permission requests."