- CBI initiates preliminary inquiry into 'irregularities' in renovation of Delhi CM’s residence
- SC directed to present joint arguments on the Delhi Service Bill petition filed by the Kejriwal government
- Police seized ganja worth Rs.93 lakhs
- Chandigarh Smart City gets best UT award
- Contemplating the creation of district-wise water bodies atlas: Minister NS Boseraju
- ISSHP World Congress 2023: Pragnya to tackle Pre-eclampsia and Elevate Maternal Health Awareness
- CBI files FIR against Indore firm in Rs 15.52 cr loan fraud case
- How new-age edutech platforms enabling outcome-based education
- Congress has no warranty but is giving guarantees in Telangana: Minister KTR
- Turned producer to tell stories that evoke emotions, leave impact: Alia Bhatt
TCS and Infosys hiring report card; IT companies brought '300% more hiring'
Last few years have been tough for the Indian IT sector when it comes to recruitment. Compared to last year, this year there has been a massive 300% increase in hiring by TCS and Infosys.
The last few years have been tough for the Indian IT sector when it comes to recruitment. However, things look different now as the tide is finally turning according to a new report by Fortune magazine which says that Indian bigwigs like TCS, Infosys have been on a hiring spree. In the last financial year, both TCS and Infosys have added thousands of new jobs. When compared to last year, this year there has been a massive 300% increase in hiring by both the companies.
Here are 12 things you should know about how TCS, Infosys have good news for the Indian IT sector:
1. In this financial year, Tata Consultancy Services added a total of 29,287 employees
2. Infosys' workforce grew by 24,016 new professionals
According to a report by Fortune, Bengaluru-based Indian IT giant added almost 24,016 employees.
3. TCS now has a total of 4.24 lakh employees
4. Infosys' total employee strength is now close to 2.28 lakh
5. In 2017-18, both the companies together hired just about 11,000 professionals
6. TCS had hired about 7,775 employees in 2017-18 but added almost three times the number this year
7. Infosys added as many as six times the employees it did compare to last year
In FY 2018, Infosys had added about 3,743 employees but this year the number has grown multi-fold.
8. Both companies are in search of techies with the specialised skill set
As per the report, more IT companies are keen on hiring techies that boast of special skill sets in new areas
9. Top Indian IT companies have also been investing in training and benefits to retain entry-level talent
10. There's good news for new college graduates and freshers
11. These are some of the most popular technology areas IT companies are looking for
12. The employees hired by IT firms in 2018-19 have been a mix of permanent staff and contractual employees.