3 kids die due to food poisoning, 22 others hospitalised in Adilabad
Three children died due to suspected food poisoning in Kolamguda village in Adilabad district on Wednesday.
Adilabad: Three children died due to suspected food poisoning in Kolamguda village in Adilabad district on Wednesday.
The police said that 22 people,including children, were undergoing treatment at a hospital after they displayed symptoms of food poisoning.
The deceased were identified as Siddam Ayyu (6), Siddam Chintu (2) and Kodapa Muthu (14 months).
The villagers allegedly consumed some stale mutton curry at a marriage party on Tuesday and started complaining of vomiting and giddiness.
Three children, who too had consumed the 'stale' food, were declared brought dead by hospital authorities while the condition of the 22 others was stable, the police said.
A case was registered and investigation is on. ITDA PO Krishna Aditya and Utnoor DSP B David Yesudas and others visited the deacesed at Utnoor Government Hospital.