- Demand for a new formula to release Cauvery water in times of crisis: DCM DK Shivakumar
- Death toll from Nagorno-Karabakh fuel depot blast rises to 170
- Fresh Raj Bhavan-Bengal Secretariat tussle over Guv’s recommendations on VC appointment search panel
- Being born as girl in MP is curse, Cong slams Shivraj govt over Ujjain rape case
- India's resolute stand during Galwan stand-off made world take note of us: Army chief
- Arete: Revolutionizing Cyber Risk Management and Incident Response
- AP High Court halts arrest of Nara Lokesh in Skill development case till October 4
- Japan's unemployment rate at 2.7%
- Amazon Great Indian Festival starts Oct 8 with early access to Prime members
- Sip, savor, and delight: Coffee and donuts unite!
3rd honour killing: Parents slit daughter's throat
In yet another another honour killing, a man and his wife reportedly slit throat of their daughter. This murder takes toll to 3 honur killings in the State. The third honour killing incident took place in Nagalkonda of Nagnur mandal of Adilabad on Friday.
Adilabad: In yet another honour killing, a man and his wife reportedly slit throat of their daughter. This murder takes toll to 3 honur killings in the State. The third honour killing incident took place in Nagalkonda of Nagnur mandal of Adilabad on Friday. The parents reported killed their daughter Rajeshwari (20) suspecting that she is in love with a man who belongs to another religion. The parents of Rajeshwari has reportedly slit her throat to death and this has triggered a row in Adilabad with already two honour killing reported in Hyderabad within a month recently.
On May 21, Hyderabad police arrested four persons, including a minor, and are on lookout for two others for the murder of a 22-year-old youth over an inter-caste love marriage.
A day after Neeraj Panwar was hacked to death in full public view at the Begum Bazar area, the police achieved the breakthrough in the case.
The police said five relatives of Sanjana, with whom Neeraj had a love marriage last year, murdered him.
The accused attacked Neeraj with knives and boulder when he was on a bike along with his grandfather on Friday night. He sustained severe injuries which led to his death.
According to the police, Neeraj, a groundnut businessman in Kolsawadi Begum Bazar, fell in love with Sanjana, who was also a resident of the same area. Sanjana's family members did not accept their marriage proposal. Sanjana married Neeraj at a temple on April 13 last year against the wishes of her family.
Sanjana's parents and other family members had severed ties with her, but the sons of her uncles felt humiliated over the marriage and wanted to take revenge on Neeraj.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Joel Davis told reporters that the accused hatched the plan 15 days ago and bought knives from Jumerat Bazar.
The accused are Abhinanadan Yadav, A.K. Vijay Yadav, K. Sanjay Yadav, B. Rohith Yadav, Mahesh Aheer Yadav, and a minor. Abhinandan Yadav and Mahesh Aheer Yadav are absconding.
Traders in Begum Bazar, a busy commercial area, downed shutters on Saturday to demand immediate arrest and punishment to the killers. Sanjana and the family members of Neeraj also staged a sit-in at the Shahinayatgunj police station.
This was the second honour killing in Hyderabad in less than a month. On May 4, a 25-year-old man was hacked to death in Saroornagar over an inter-faith marriage.
Billapuram Nagaraju was murdered in public in front of his wife by her brother and another relative.
Nagaraju had married Ashrin Sultana after the latter eloped with him earlier this year.