- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Aadhaar link to liquor sales will expedite total prohibition
Prohibition is in force in only six States in the country.
Prohibition is in force in only six States in the country. It would be good if Andhra Pradesh and Telangana also join the league. Linking Aadhaar to liquor sales could be a major step in that direction.
This will help the government obtain exact figures with regard to liquor sales and consumption.
To begin with, if liquor consumption can be regulated, it would become easy to move in the direction of total prohibition which will help poor and lower-middle-class families economically.
Greater awareness should be created among people about phase-wise prohibition. This needs a strong political will.
K Murali Mohan Kumar,Social activist, Khammam