- Disha Vakani performs Ashwamedh Yagya, says it helps improve environment
- Sidhu Moose Wala’s songs, Ranveer's screen energy inspire Eklavya Sood
- Kanwar Dhillon becomes Mumbai cabbie to get details right for his role
- Special POCSO court in Bihar awards life sentence to man for rape & murder of toddler
- GPT-4 better than eye specialists in retina & glaucoma management: Study
- Keep that up and you'll play higher grades quickly, says Nathan Lyon praising Indian fan's bowling
- HC seeks action plan from Delhi govt, police to tackle bomb threats to schools
- 4th Test: Jaiswal becomes fifth Indian batter to score 600 runs in a Test series, breaks Sehwag's record for sixes
- Democratisation of commerce-driven technology in India stands out, says global investment firm KKR
- Insecurities that led to Indira falling out with her aunt Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
Bhongir: Girls exhorted to be brave & confident
District Collector Pamela Satpathy on Monday stated that women were at the forefront of all fields and even venturing out in space.
Bhongir: District Collector Pamela Satpathy on Monday stated that women were at the forefront of all fields and even venturing out in space. She participated as the chief guest in the International Girls' Day function organised by the district women and child welfare department at Ravi Bhadrareddy Function Hall her.
On the occasion, the Collector exhorted girls that the future was in their hands. They should be strong and strive to prosper on their own, not waiting for anyone to help them out in difficult times. She advised them to keep off the pernicious social media. She also advised parents to avoid gender discrimination at home by treating sons and daughters equally.
The Collector asked school managements to instill awareness in children, especially girls, on good touch and bad touch. During the programme, 18 talented girls were felicitated by crowning them.
Additional Collector (Local bodies) Deepak Tiwari , ACP Venkat Reddy , ICDS PD Krishna Veni, Municipal Chairman Anjaneyulu, MPP Nirmala, ZPTC Mallaiah, District Child Welfare Committee Chairman Bandari Jayasri, District Child Protection Official Saidulu and others participated.