- JSW Academic Building inaugurated at Krea University to foster excellence in education
- Amazon Launches Multi Channel Fulfilment for Sellers, Retailors, Brands and Manufacturers in India
- Akhil Akkineni’s Action-Packed Espionage Thriller ‘Agent’ To Premiere Exclusively On Sony LIV!
- TN CM issues orders allowing LT consumers to modify power load based on consumption pattern
- AIADMK seniors meet BJP leaders over rift in ties, saffron party backs state leadership
- Kamats Restaurants partners with IDFC First Bank for FASTag registration and recharge
- Amid heavy rains, bridge caves in in Bihar
- Maoist Party Platoon Party Committee Member Arrested
- Three Telangana Congress MPs missed voting on Women’s Bill
- K’taka cash-for-ticket scam: Woman Hindutva activist, six others sent to judicial custody
Eatala to be appointed as chairman of campaign committee: BJP
The BJP national leadership is leant to have decided to make Eatala Rajender as the chairman of the campaign committee.
Hyderabad: The BJP national leadership is leant to have decided to make Eatala Rajender as the chairman of the campaign committee.
This decision sources said has been conveyed to Eatala on Wednesday. The BJP had promised that he would be given this post when he quit BRS and joined the BJP. It may be recalled that Eatala has been trying hard to rope in leaders from other parties into BJP. This process had hit a road block after the recent Karnataka Assembly results.
He had recently held two rounds of meetings with former minister Jupally Krishna Rao and former MP Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy. Though at one point of time, they showed inclination to join BJP, after the Karnataka results, they seem to have developed second thoughts. They even made certain comments saying that even Eatala would join them hinting that he may quit BJP.
A day later Eatala in an informal talk with some media persons said that certain acts of the centre like going slow regarding the ED case against Kavitha and certain other decisions had led to loss of image of the party. He said those who wanted to join were in state of confusion.
In the backdrop of such comments, the national leadership spoke to Eatala and assured him that he would be appointed as the chairman of campaign committee.