- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Free fever screening medical camp held in Old City
Mayor & MP inaugurate the facility in Talabkatta
Hyderabad: To fight against the seasonal diseases, AIMIM (All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen) along with the doctors from Owaisi Groups of Hospitals organised a 'Free Fever Screening Medical Camp', which was inaugurated by the Mayor, Dr Bonthu Rammohan and AIMIM Chief and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi at Owaisi Health Center in Old City Talabkatta on Wednesday.
The camp was bustling with the huge number of people from surrounding areas, who came to avail the facility of free treatment. Sensitive cases with symptoms of dengue and malaria were also examined. Medicines including multi-vitamin, calcium tablets and syrups, pain killers etc. of Rs 10 lakhs worth were also distributed free among the patients in the camp.
In this camp awareness programme were also held in which the Mayor explained to the locals how to prevent the spread of seasonal diseases. He asked them to keep their surroundings clean and to avoid throwing garbage on roads or in open place, turn over all the storage containers, when not in use to prevent the growth of mosquitoes in water, he explained. Asaduddin Owaisi said that additional 5 'Free Fever Screening Medical Camps' will be organised by AIMIM and Owaisi Groups of Hospitals in different locations of the City.
This is the first camp which was conducted in Talabkatta and next camp will be organised in Karwan Constituency on September 20 in Tolichowki, then in Nampally Constituency, in Charminar Constituency in Khilwath area and last in Chandrayangutta constituency, by the end of this month, he added.
Owaisi also reminded that Civic bodies in their meetings has decided to organise 20 free health camps in Hyderabad constituency by GHMC which will be available for the general public, where free blood tests will be conducted. He appealed the locals to avail free services.