- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Habitual woman burglar arrested in Hyderabad
North Zone Task Force sleuths on Sunday nabbed a habitual house burglar named P Kalpana (37) and recovered 135.2 grams gold ornaments, 50 gram silver ornaments and seven wrist watches from the possession of the accused, all worth about Rs 4.70 lakh.
Hyderabad: North Zone Task Force sleuths on Sunday nabbed a habitual house burglar named P Kalpana (37) and recovered 135.2 grams gold ornaments, 50 gram silver ornaments and seven wrist watches from the possession of the accused, all worth about Rs 4.70 lakh.
According to officials, on Thursday a complainant was lodged by one S Manoj Kumar Shailaja stating that some unknown person broke opened the main door lock and committed theft of gold and silver ornaments from her house.
On receipt of complaint police registered a case and took up investigation. The accused Kalpana who had a criminal record since 2008, shifts the address from one place to another after committing committed theft to avoid police surveillance. Previously, the accused was involved in 13 offences.
During the investigation police verified the CCTV footage enroute at place of offence and nabbed the accused and recovered the entire property from her possession.
The accused along with the recovered property was handed over to the Market police station for further investigation.