- Speaker disqualifies 8 MLAs from Assembly
- GHMC Dy Floor leader visits Veerannagutta to oversee arrangements for Maha Sivaratri
- Imansa family express gratitude to Prathipati Pulla Rao
- Naidu, Sharmila lambast YSRCP for ‘humiliating’ cricketer Vihari
- TSRTC makes arrangements for Intermediate exams
- Birds of different feathers flock to avian island at Neknampur Lake
- All set for Inter exams from today
- Untold Stories of our Temples-3: Oh man! Govt apathy dogs God’s abode
- TDP chief may address public meet in Nellore on March 2
- INDIA bloc conceded defeat: Modi
Hyderabad: No Mass immersion of Ganesh idols this year due corona pandemic
The corona pandemic has left an impact on Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations as the Bhagyanagar Ganesh Utsav Samithi has decided to avoid mass immersion program.
However, the Samithi members have decided to celebrate festival in a simple manner. "In wake of the covid situation in the country and also in the state, we have decided to celebrate festival in a simple manner. Already cases are increasing everyday and. It will not be correct to have mass gatherings and become a reason for spread of virus," said Samithi General Secretary Bhagwant Rao here on Monday.
The Samithi has called upon the pandal organisers to follow the COVID-19 guidelines issued by governments with limited members. The festival starts from Ganesh Chaturthi on August 22 and immersion takes place on Ananta Chaturdashi on September 1.